Caren's Blog

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Not Much Cookin'

Not much to report at all today. I rode the bus to the shelter, which was great. Buses are fantastic when you have all the time in the world to get where you're going, and a good book to entertain you and keep the weirdos away. It was a perfect fall day here: cool, crisp, blue skies, and a breeze.

The shelter was quiet, and all I did was update obselete forms in an obselete word processing program. I worked with T., my favorite advocate. She is hardworking, up front, and knowledgeable. What more could anyone ask for.

I just finished a pretty good book, called The Beautiful Things that Heaven Bears. And, after spending a few minutes thinking about it, I decided to add a reading list to this blog. I always appreciate a lead on a good book, and my mom has always (really, always-like since 2nd grade) encouraged me to start a reading list. Like many things my mom has encouraged me to do over the years, I regret not having done this sooner. Just trying to remember what I've read over the last few weeks was hard, let alone 2nd grade. I'll always remember Ramona, Nancy Drew, Zel, and unfortuantely and embarrassingly, the Babysitters Club series. Beyond that it's a long, mostly happy blur. The public library doesn't keep a list of what you check out, which is quaint, since I'm sure Homeland Security does.

Maybe I'll have more exciting things to say soon. If anyone actually reads this blog, post comments now or forever hold your peace when I start posting gory details of my cat's life because I think no one else is reading this....

No comments: